Thursday, December 11, 2008

SNOW!

Last night it snowed! Who knew it could snow in Houston! Just the day before we were wearing shorts and flip flops...

It really started coming down after Riley was already in bed. Brooks was still up so he found a nice seat to sit and watch the snow.


Our backyard


And amazingly when we woke up this morning it was still here! (Sorry so dark, I guess I should have actually stepped out of the house to take the picture!)


Since we are living in this wonderful hot and humid city, I have not purchased any appropriate snow clothes...so, we lasted outside about 2 minutes before they were ready to come on in!



Side note...I mentioned in a previous post I was wearing a heart monitor. Come to find out, I have mitral valve prolapse. Nothing huge, I was born with it. For some reason this pregnancy has made it worse. I was having palpitations and my heart was beating as fast as 150 per minute. Long story short...no worries, just some meds to help keep it down during pregnancy. Don't want to pass out any time soon...maybe I need to teach Riley how to call 911-ha ha!

6 Comments:

At 10:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous of the snow! Maybe we'll get some. And I hate to hear about your heart issue, I'm glad that you said that it can be controlled/taken care of. Please do teach Riley the 911 thing just to make me feel better :) Praying for you and your pregnancy and thanking God for yall's family. We love you guys so much!

 
At 10:29 AM , Blogger Lynn said...

I was going to say the same thing as Ann. Teach Riley the 911 drill. Praying it will never be a big issue! Take care and enjoy this snowy season. WHAT IS UP WITH THAT?

 
At 12:03 PM , Blogger Jamie Chitty said...

I can't believe it snowed there and hasn't up here. What is up with that?

 
At 8:54 PM , Blogger JD said...

wow the things you find out about your body when your pregnant! oh...and share the snow houston!!! we want some too!

 
At 11:51 AM , Blogger Carl, Brent, and Joseph said...

just catching up on all your posts. love all of riley's musings! wish we had snow too!! i remember when leyton called 911 when he was 1, and none of us knew until the police showed up at the house.

 
At 2:51 PM , Blogger andydawn said...

We just got flurries in Katy...wish we were there...SO FUN!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home