Thursday, January 12, 2006

Angel by day....Devil by night (but a cute one!)

Man, I am at a loss for ideas. My sweet little angel is not a sweet little sleeper. Never has been. Since day one she has had trouble sleeping. For a while it was the reflux...now, who knows? I have tried everything!
I think Riley has slept through the night maybe 15 times since she was born.

I once heard that a continuous break in your sleep can cause a person to go CRAZY. I think I agree! This is how an average night goes...
8:00 in bed
9:30 to 10 wakes up once.
12:30 to 2 awake and ready to hang out
4 to 6 awake and ready to play
6 to 7 sleeps because I put her in bed with me!!!
WHAT AM I GOING TO DO...

She doesn't wake up hungry or hurting..she just wakes up!!

I know there are more of you out there. Any ideas, do they ever sleep???? Do they make drugs for this?? (kidding)

7 Comments:

At 2:37 PM , Blogger leslie said...

Don't ask me for ideas. Read my blog for our night last night. I'm in the same boat!

 
At 2:43 PM , Blogger MereMoore said...

Haha-I was just going to tell you to read Leslie's blog! Y'all are helping me postpone this kid thing even longer!

 
At 9:29 PM , Blogger Ashley said...

Do you need that fan from Mom's house? ha ha! Hope you get some sleep soon.

Love you.

 
At 1:00 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I think Riley will do great when she goes to college. She will be pulling all-nighters with the best of them! Like everyone else, I also hope you get some sleep! Good luck, and let us know what finally works!

 
At 12:14 PM , Blogger Jenna said...

I'm sorry Hollie! I wish we were neighbors... Then we could all take turns staying up with her...Better yet, I think I'll quit this job and become your nanny? Hope you don't mind... Hope to see you soon!

LOVE YOU!

 
At 1:37 PM , Blogger hollyfouts said...

I have never had a baby that regularly slept through the night before about 10 months old. When Avery was a baby, I slept on the floor in her room (using a boppy as my pillow) for 2 or 3 months because she woke up every 30 minutes. So I would just stand up, give her a pacifier, and then crash back on my boppy pillow. And I used to take naps with Avery ALL the time (it was the only way to get her to sleep for a while). I have even slept in the crib a time or two with both of them. Whatever works! Now they both sleep great! So, Riley will too....eventually! In the meantime, enjoy sleeping with her in the mornings. I missed that with Miller since I had another kid to take care of.

 
At 2:12 PM , Blogger Hollie Reese said...

Thanks for all the advice. I am trying to remember to enjoy the time sleeping with Riley, but it is easy to forget! I guess there is an end in sight. I keep thinking that Justin is now one of the best sleepers I know...so there is hope!!

Jenna- I will get your room ready!! Tell Matt there are great Medical Schools in the Dallas area!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home