One of Those Days
Hmmmm. It has been one of "those days!"
This wonderful Wednesday started out with a scream like I have never heard before coming from Riley's room. I ran and opened the door to find my little child under her dresser. She was trying to get dressed and pulled the entire dresser on top of her. She managed to come out with a few scratches, but something hit her eye pretty good!

Off we head to the mall with my friend Hayley. All went well and injury free at the playground. After lunch we were about to leave and I see my crazy two year old Brooks take off running. He stops...looks at me...puts his hands on in hips...and sings "ha ha ha ha." So, I start walking towards him and he takes off. The mall we were at has a circular food court. So, after TWO loops and no success in catching him I am trying to flag someone down to grab him. Lucky for me he decided to take off down a straighter path into the mall and I can break into a full sprint and catch him. Yes, people...I will be sore tomorrow after my 100 yard sprint. So, then there is the public dilemma. Do I spank him and risk being on the news tonight??? I opted for the punishment behind the privacy of my closed car doors. I did have to hold back my laughter when I told him that I would be so sad if someone took him from me to which he responded "I would just run from them too, mom." In that deep, monotone voice. I wouldn't have been surprised if he added a "duh" to it.
So home we get and have a good afternoon. I am thinking things are ok then I look over to see Cade fall face first into the entertainment center.

Check out that doozie.
I pick up Cade just as my phone rings. It is my insurance company questioning me about all of Brooks' recent head injuries and leg x-rays. Great...I bet CPS will be knocking any minute.

7 Comments:
The night is almost over.....go to bed before anything else happens!!
You handled to mall chase-down with more grace than I would've been able to muster!
Hope the rest of your week is injury free!
Well if you did still live down the street from me I would report you!!! Not really........
Oh my goodness... that really is a Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day. One for the record books!! Congrats on surviving!! Whew!!!
OH girl. What a day. This one was amazing. Where was Paul Blart the Mall Cop when you need him? I am so glad that all the injuries were *minor*. But, I know your nerves are frayed.
Oh man! Seriously you have a lot on your hands. I don't know how you guys do this. At least they are all safe and sound and tomorrows a new day.
haven't checked in awhile, so i'm sure things have improved since you posted.
but i called cps on you many times over the years. why don't they come?! ;)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home