So, first I must address the fact that it is 10:45 on New Years Eve and I am blogging...exciting, I know. The funny thing is...I am not surprised that my life has come to this...I will probably celebrate with New York in 15 minutes and be asleep in 17 minutes...Ahhh....life with small children.
Besides that...onto my children.
Brooks is standing up...Yeah Brooks! I am so ready for this kiddo to walk. My body is ready to quit lugging around a 25 pound baby!!

I think the biggest hit from Santa was "Elefun." Riley LOVES this game. It is too funny! Butterflies fly out of the elephants trunk and you catch them with your net. These pictures crack me up. I know it is hard to tell, but Riley is really enjoying herself-ha!



I am surprised she didn't catch any butterflies in her mouth!
We did manage to catch a few things other than butterflies...


One last crazy story...this past Saturday Justin had a tournament in Conroe. So, I loaded the kids up and headed to the game. After the first game, we were heading to my parents house so the kids could nap. I was just driving down the highway enjoying my Taco Bueno when POP! My tire blew!! Riley said "What dat?" I said "I think I ran over something" and then the car said "whoop whoop whoop whoop." So, I barely made it over to the side. I was not in a great place on the highway, so I had to get us out of the car. Picture me running across the entrance ramp and feeder while carrying two babies and a diaper bag. Funny now...wasn't then. Lucky for me this nice lady stopped to help me keep Riley from running onto the highway while we were waiting for Justin. Poor Justin had to leave his tournament and come and get us in his SCHOOL BUS! Oh yes, we loaded up the family on the big yellow dog and headed back to Conroe. Justin had a game in 20 minutes so my wonderful brother in law, Philip, came to our rescue. He changed my tire and stayed with me while I got it replaced! THANK YOU!
Anyways, we were okay...but my highway record is not looking good. I can just add this to my other experience of running out of gas on 45...but I will save that story for another blog.

8 Comments:
Derran and I are just sitting here enjoying the mental picture of you guys on a yellow dog...love that story!
You could never have made up that story. I know it was not funny but thankfully someday it will. I, too, have a vision of you trotting across the road. Sorry if I laughed. Glad you are ok and had some wonderful "helpers" get you going. Love you guys.
Love the thought of you guys on a bus. Your kiddos are so cute! Happy New Year!
I would love to hear Riley's comments on the school bus...did she love riding it? I'm so sad that we didn't open the butterfly game in Smithville; Nana would have loved to play that! Can't wait to see y'all and cheer for the Cougars...love you bunches, jojo
If my tire blows in Nashville, I'll expect Justin to come change it! Ha! Glad Philip could help!!!
Hey girl...Mitch was asleep by 11:00, Jaxon at 10:30...and the only New Year's kiss I got was from my dog's...because the fire works in our neighbors yard woke them up. So I understand completely.
Okay, I'm sorry but I just literally laughed out loud when you said "yellow dog". How hysterical.
Oh, and I'm coming over to play Elefun. That looks to fun!
Love yall
Man, I am so glad everything worked out ok so that we are free to laugh about it now! That is so funny with the yellow dog!!! :) I would freak out... glad you were all ok.
Might have to get one of those Elefun things.... :) Your kids are TOO CUTE!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home